Lena Kastrisiou, Μ.Εd, Psy.D
Clinical Psychologist and Couples Therapist
Hello and thank you for visiting my website ! Since you are searching for a psychologist or for a couples therapist it is likely that you are seeking a way to deal with a difficult or painful life situation. Psychotherapy or couples therapy can help you find the right path towards a solution to the problem that you are experiencing. In this office, you can get counseling on specific personal, relationship or work related everyday issues, or you can explore in depth the reasons and life changes that lead you to the problems that you are facing.
I believe that psychotherapy is a relationship. It is an authentic relationship that depends on the experience of the psychotherapist and on the therapeutic goal that you are willing to set. I am very interested in helping you make the necessary changes and come to terms with who you are, your “real self”, thus becoming a psychologically healthier and happier person and partner. I believe that each person is unique, and discovering the uniqueness of each person is my main goal.
Couples Therapy, married or not, can help you If you are troubled with relationship issues. I believe that our relationships are affecting our happiness more than anything else. All life aspects can be handled a bit easier if we have peace at home.
We offer services to children, adolescents, adults, couples and families.
I have extensive experience dealing with relationship, family and multi-cultural issues.
Lena Kastrisiou, Μ.Ε d, Psy.D Clinical Psychologist and Couples Therapist.
- Since 1998 I have relocated in Athens, Greece, from Chicago, IL, USA, where I lived for 20 years (from 1978 to 1998)
- I received my license as a Psychologist in 1998 and I am in private practice in Kifisia (Athens), Greece since then.
License #: 6982/6787/17-12-98
- I received 20 years training and experience in the field of Psychology in Chicago
- BA in Psychology from the University of Illinois at Chicago Circle, in Chicago, IL, USA
- M.Ed. in Educational Psychology from Loyola University, Chicago, IL, USA
- Psy.D in Clinical Psychology from Forest Institute of Professional Psychology in Skokie, IL, USA
- Formerly Program Manager at the Turning Point Mental Health Center, in Skokie, IL, USA
- Formerly Program Director at Community Alternatives in Chicago, IL, USA
- Mother of three children